Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Mama Says Om-Delight

(Alas, I won't be around much for the rest of the week...family OHT is going on a trip! More when I return...and have a wonderful week, my bloggy sisterhood! Sorry for the hurried nature of this post.)


Go through the window and open the door
Look left when everything points right.
Nobody expects you to climb up your own damn balcony,
Young Juliet
But the tealeaves and runes foretold endless overwhelm

So you go
Stealth maiden

With honeyed oils spread thin like desire
By fingertips and eyelashes

With spellcast words
Poetry feels new and passion tingles electric
“Gather ye roses while ye may”
Look, its still good advice.

With blurred impressionistic palette
And new eyes

Your bag of otherworldly delights in order
Slung cutting into your back as you climb
Hand over hand
On the same vine that swirls up and burrows down

It is good for you to ponder this

Open mouth
To let the cosmos in

Open hand
To catch the lightning strike

Go through the window and open the door
Piñata world bursts open
Young Romeo
Awaits

Mama Says Om

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Laini Taylor said...

Wait, wait, wait... Did you write this? Oh my god - I LOVE it!!! I want to cup it in my hands or eat it with a spoon or something, I love it so much!! I'm going to write it in my poetry notebook. GORGEOUS!

11:25 AM, April 13, 2006  
Blogger meghan said...

this is so beautiful - was this YOURS?!?! Wow. wow. wow.

2:47 PM, April 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it's mine. Thank you! :)

11:35 PM, April 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow.
wow,wow,wow
m, this is amazing.

10:58 AM, April 14, 2006  
Blogger Letha Sandison said...

Did you write this...I loved it!! Amazing, please share more of your writing, it's fab!!

Have a wonderful week!!

11:41 AM, April 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was wonderful! Just beautiful! Is it yours? I love it.

Enjoy your trip

8:41 PM, April 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home