Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Mama says Om--Foundation

Feet planted on the earth
Wide, cause space is generous
Thighs sway
Heavily
To ancient tidal rhythms
Modern as yesterday

My mother’s murmurs
Echoing inside my own exasperations
And my daughter’s mewling cries

I plaster over the cracks of my stories
With astonishment that becomes
Stronger in the broken places

All in all
My all is all

Feet planted on the earth
Wide, cause I learned
From every loved memory
Dreamed in the inbetween time
I hold my daughter
Aloft
She sways with the palms
Swallows the moonlight whole

I am my foundation

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful - so many powerful lines & then, when combined - fantastic.

1:42 PM, March 21, 2006  
Blogger boho girl said...

Mmmmm...

powerful, peaceful, flowy, rhythmic, vivid, beautiful.

thank you for sharing your lovely words with us. feeling honored.

2:09 PM, March 21, 2006  
Blogger meghan said...

this is lovely! I just commented on your last post, but I'll say it again here - your words are beautiful and I am so glad I have met you on here properly!

3:56 PM, March 21, 2006  
Blogger Yummyteece said...

WOW!

i can't help but think how very luck Madam is! *grin*

4:41 PM, March 21, 2006  
Blogger pinkcoyote said...

i love your connected dots between your mother, you and your daughter. incredible dreamy visual. i can literally see your feet planted, rooted in the earth. love it!

12:00 AM, March 22, 2006  
Blogger chisparoja said...

this is truly a wonderful poem. i love the rythem and sway you created.

1:41 PM, March 22, 2006  
Blogger snowsparkle said...

wow! i'm very glad you found la vie en rose so that i could find you! this piece captured my heart. so lovely. thanks!

11:32 PM, March 22, 2006  
Blogger AscenderRisesAbove said...

you have a lovely way with words; very powerful.

9:49 PM, March 23, 2006  
Blogger nina beana said...

awesome!

4:23 AM, March 24, 2006  
Blogger Cate said...

One of the most incredible poems that I have EVER read.

7:10 AM, March 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home