Friday, June 22, 2007

Friday Frivolity

This has been a tough week, with Madam not feeling that well. We stayed in a lot and I can feel my thoughts becoming wary and inbred as a result. Also, I've been watching the news, and feeling the weight of the world's ills to such an extent that I want to scoop Madam up and clutch her to my chest, forever.

I need some fun. And when I think fun, I think India.

I always have difficulty in writing about India--my love for it perhaps entwined throughout the words of languages I don't speak. So I won't try (again). Instead, I'll share a snippet of a song that has always brought me joy--capturing a hint of that vibrant energy. Consider it a vacation--surround yourself with swirling silk, put on your best jewelry, and DANCE.

Click below. You won't be sorry.


Happy Friday!



Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! The COLORS!!! And the dancing!!! And the happiness! It makes me happy to know that somewhere in the world something like THAT happens. Sometimes it feels like the world is about to implode...and then you post something like that, and that part of my spirit that yearns for happiness and joy celebrates.

Thank you for that...BEAUTIFUL!

Off to watch again..

11:58 PM, June 22, 2007  
Blogger Deirdre said...

That was fun. The tune will be in ear all day. :)

9:14 AM, June 23, 2007  
Blogger Heather said...

musicals are so fun. Bollywood! thanks for sharing. sending thoughts of respite and comfort. On another note, I think Hot Chip's cover of "Sexual Healing" is amaaaazing. That kind of lifts my spirits as well. Later and soon. Xooxox heather

10:55 AM, June 23, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have had a developing fascination with India for a couple of years. This is beautiful.
Thank you for sharing.

8:58 PM, June 25, 2007  
Blogger Alex S said...

If I had something other than dial up I would listen to it! I envy you for being able to go to India already. I can only imagine how magnificent it is. It was one of the highlights of my parents' travels of all their years together and they have traveled everywhere it seems. Monica, I am so sorry for being such a horrible friend at staying in touch BUT I have purchased a card and want to sit outside THIS week and send you real, old fashioned mail so will you please email me your mailing address? I'm sorry to ask for it again! xoxo

1:57 AM, June 26, 2007  
Blogger Alex S said...

and I hope Madam is feeling all better by the time you get this!

1:58 AM, June 26, 2007  
Blogger Rozanne said...

I wish I had some palak paneer in the house!

11:16 PM, June 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm afraid like Alex I don't ahve the bandwidth to watch things like that - but I can get a glimpse of deliciously colourful, joyful Indian musica and dance in any roadside music stall here in herat. Afghan people love Bollywood and everything that goes with it!

I notice that you haven't posted since you wrote this a week ago and hope that you are okay - not having your own bout of whatever Madam had.

Sending love in any case.

x

8:19 AM, June 29, 2007  
Anonymous Antenna Installation Riverview said...

Great reading your postt

6:11 AM, November 23, 2022  

Post a Comment

<< Home