Saturday, February 11, 2006

In which our heroine introduces herself.

Um, hi, interwebs. I finally did it. After many sleepless nights wondering whether or not to start a blog, here I am.

Ok, so maybe some of those sleepless nights involved pacing my small apartment with my equally sleepless baby, but whatever. The point is...this is something I have wanted to do for a long time. Why? Because since I found out I was pregnant...hell, ever since my time working at Cool but Aimless Job, I have counted on blogs to entertain me, to make me think, and to provide a semblance of community in my (somewhat) lonely life. And now that I am a SAHM (ah, dreaded acronym!), I have lots of Mind but very little place to put it. And that one handed typing can certainly get, well...slow. And frustrating. Especially when (it never fails) Madam Bunny (my seven month old daughter) wakes up and demands uninterrupted Mommy time. Which is becoming increasingly difficult to give her, because after the Year of Very Little Thinking (aka most of my pregnancy and Madam Bunny's last six months or so), I find myself returning to myself, which means all of those old longings to write, to think, to dream, and actually to become something are coming back. And that makes me feel like a divided mother, because even though I am thrilled to be able to see my daughter grow and develop everyday, I also miss my old life, with its hours of free time to spend noodling around in bookstores, cafes, and buried in the pages of a book.

So, yes, this is another Mommy Blog, with a dash of "What the hell should I do with my life?" and a soupcon of "So many things are cool, and I need a place to ponder all of them" and even a smidgen of "yes, I am an attention whore, and I need validation in order to fight my fears and keep writing."

As for all of those people who thought about that other meaning of "one hand typing"--shame on you! And also, hee. I did the same thing.

I feel like I should throw my hat in the air or something like Mary Richards. Hurray! I have arrived.

More later.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Yummyteece said...

COnsider this your Validation to keep writing! *grin* Welcome to the participatory side of the blogging world. We're glad you came.

6:38 PM, February 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home